I am offering group Walk and Talk sessions but also offer private one to one sessions just like private psychotherapy but we go out.
Walk Talk Therapy is talking outside whilst walking during therapy instead of sitting inside an office.
Many clients say that it is a more relaxed environment than the counselling office and it is a great way to jump start or support a fitness routine or active lifestyle. Walking while sharing your struggles and life situations can also be meditative. Walk Talk Therapy encourages healthy activity for adults and teens.
Research has shown that exercise can significantly impact anxiety and stress while improving overall mood. Walking is not only good for your physical health, but it is also good for your mental health.
Why Walk and Talk?
1. It gets clients moving—both literally. Exercise is good for us and as part of good mental health self care.
2. It is conducted outdoors, being in nature is meditative, grounding and Mindful. You are in the moment and noticing nature not thinking about negative thoughts.
3. It is an excellent choice for clients with several different kinds of issues. Clients who are going through a life transition, have anxiety, are experiencing some kind of loss or grief, as well as other challenges. People with Autistic Spectrum Condition, men and teenagers tend to like the aspect of side by side aspect and no eye contact because it feels less confrontational and talking comes more naturally.
4. You set the pace of the session. If you prefer a meditative, relaxing session of walking or a more active, fast-paced session, Walk Talk Therapy will match your pace.
5. Research studies have shown that physical activity can enhance the mental and physical health of clients. Physical activity has also been shown to reduce levels of depression and anxiety and can help to prevent depressive symptoms.
Contact me to discuss your needs.
Comments are closed.